Are you craving the sweet, tangy goodness of cherry pie but looking for a more convenient and portable option? Look no further! In this article, we’ll explore a mouthwatering Cherry Pie Bars recipe that’s easy to make, absolutely delicious, and perfect for satisfying your dessert cravings. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your repertoire.
Ingredients for Cherry Pie Bars
To get started on these delectable Cherry Pie Bars, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (cold and cubed)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) of cherry pie filling
Before we dive into the recipe, gather the necessary equipment:
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Mixing bowls
- Pastry cutter or fork
Preparing the Crust
The foundation of our Cherry Pie Bars is a buttery, flaky crust. Follow these steps:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry mixture. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together one egg and the vanilla extract.
- Pour this egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Press two-thirds of the dough evenly into the bottom of the greased 9×13 inch baking pan, creating a firm crust.
Adding the Cherry Filling
Now, let’s add the luscious cherry pie filling:
- Open the can of cherry pie filling and evenly spread it over the crust.
- Take the remaining one-third of the dough and crumble it evenly over the cherry filling.
Baking Your Cherry Pie Bars
The next step is to bake your Cherry Pie Bars to perfection:
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
Cutting and Serving
Now that your Cherry Pie Bars have cooled, it’s time to cut and serve:
- Use a sharp knife to cut the bars into squares or rectangles, depending on your preference.
- Serve your Cherry Pie Bars on a plate or platter and watch as they disappear in no time!
Tips for Success
Here are some valuable tips to ensure your Cherry Pie Bars turn out perfectly every time:
- For an extra layer of flavor, add a dash of almond extract to the crust mixture.
- Don’t rush the cooling process; let the bars cool completely before cutting to ensure they hold their shape.
- Feel free to experiment with different fruit pie fillings like blueberry, apple, or peach for unique flavor variations.
In conclusion, this Cherry Pie Bars recipe is a delightful twist on the classic cherry pie. With its buttery crust, sweet cherry filling, and easy preparation, it’s a dessert that will quickly become a household favorite. Whether you’re enjoying them as a treat for yourself or sharing them with loved ones, these bars are bound to satisfy your sweet tooth. So, roll up your sleeves, get baking, and savor the deliciousness of homemade Cherry Pie Bars!
Q1: Can I use a store-bought pie crust for this recipe?
A1: While you can use a store-bought pie crust, making the crust from scratch adds a wonderful homemade touch to the Cherry Pie Bars.
Q2: Can I make this recipe with fresh cherries?
A2: Absolutely! You can pit and chop fresh cherries to make your own filling. Just adjust the sugar and cornstarch accordingly to sweeten and thicken the filling.
Q3: How should I store leftover Cherry Pie Bars?
A3: Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days, or in the refrigerator for longer freshness.